We have been advised that a potential scam is circulating in your area.
Lincolnshire Police has been asked to alert members to a phone scam circulating in our region at this time.
Residents are asked to be aware of scam phone calls where the caller demands immediate payment or their phone line will be disconnected, which is easy to fake during the call.
Please don't be persuaded to give any personal or financial/card information to anyone who cold-calls you, as genuine companies would not contact you in this way.
If you are contacted by a cold caller over the telephone or on your doorstep, please consider these points:
• Do I really need the work/equipment being offered, if I haven’t already asked for a quote?
• Will the person provide a written contract/quote?
• Have I obtained other quotes to ensure the price being quoted is reasonable?
• Have I obtained any references for this company or checked them on companies house to see if they are a registered company?
• Have I checked to see if they are qualified to carry out the work ie Gas Safe registered engineer?
If you are unsure of the company/person do not enter into or sign any agreement.
If a person refuses to leave your property, this is an offence and you should ring Tel: 101 to ask for assistance.
To check if a company is registered and legal visit the website:
Lincolnshire Safer Communities Trading Standards.
For advice please call 03454 04 05 06.
Trading Standards nationally has an agreement with Citizens Advice Consumer Service to help you report a problem or obtain free, confidential and impartial advice and guidance on consumer issues.
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm (excluding bank holidays and public holidays)
Visit the website:
Gas Safe Register
To report scams and Internet security issues.
Ring 0300 123 2040
or visit the website: